I had symptoms all week following an appendectomy. And for two years, I had multiple relapses back into the terrible diarrhea, fevers, and cramps.
My goal is to quickly show others what DID work, because it took so long to get answers that worked for me.
Please seek a qualified physician for all of your medical needs and questions. I’m not a physician, I’m just a biochemistry dude sharing my story of having C Diff.
First, get yourself better.*
In a nutshell, here is what worked for me and many others:
- Metronidazole (Flagyl) – Best antiobiotic to fight C Diff
- Vancomycin – An antibiotic to use if Metronidazole doesn’t work
- Fidaxomicin (difimicin or DIFICID) – Possibly the best antibiotic specifically for CDiff 
- Probiotics 
- Saccharomyces Boulardii (Florastor) – Yeast probiotic used with and after Metronidazole or Vancomycin.
- Lactobacillus GG (Culturelle) – Bacteria probiotic used with and after Metronidazole or Vancomycin.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus & Lactobacillus Casei, others likely
- Fecal Transplants – Yes, very gross, possibly dangerous, but very effective…enema from a healthy poop donor 
There are certainly other treatments available from as extreme as a fecal transplant to other less effective ways to deal with symptoms. You’ll want to learn as much as you can about treatments and risks. To start learning, see C Diff or My Case History. Remember, no one cares about your health as much as you do.
Second, join us on the crusade to prevent C Diff.
Most of the spread is in healthcare settings. C Diff is spread via the fecal-oral route mostly. C Diff spores last a long time if not killed with bleach or dry heat. Why is it that the very place we go to get well, we end up getting infected with one of the worst bacterias?
I am scared to death that I would ever have to be admitted to a hospital again! How can we start cleaning our healthcare institutions of C Diff and other superbugs? Comments please!* Please do not use this site to diagnose and/or treat any disease or suspected disease. Please seek a qualified physician for all of your medical needs and questions. I’m not a physician, I’m just sharing my story regarding C Diff.  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3926343/
 https://www.dovepress.com/getfile.php?fileID=29096 (pdf)  http://thefecaltransplantfoundation.org/providers-trials/
Not what you were hoping to find here?
Please comment below what you’d like to see more …please?
I’d love to help C Diff sufferers and family. (it can be anonymous and 1-button click to submit)